Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Thank you MYT.

My past blogs may have given the impression that I was something of a social outcast while growing up. I put up walls to keep most everyone away. Most of the few friends I had were either social outcasts too or had grown away from me.
In the fall of 1982 I auditioned and got a part in a local youth theatre production. The difference in my life was obvious to me even at that time. One thing I did was have a new start with a new crowd. Another thing was that even if these kids knew what a horrible baseball player I was, it was okay because they were theatre kids and a lot of them may have sucked at sports too. Kids may have joined the theatre for a number of reasons. But I think that anyone joins anything because they want to belong. I fit into this new crowd and I thought to myself at the time that it was one of the best things that ever happened to me.
A lot of the kids who were in that first production with me are on Facebook now. If they’re reading this…thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment