Monday, June 7, 2010

standing in another world

I had three odd socks today counting one of Prajna’s that I washed. Last week they came out even. I used to wear socks with holes in them on purpose. I called them my time travel socks.
I got the idea from C.S. Lewis's The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. The children are pulled into Narnia my magic. I got to thinking that if a magic spell, teleport beam, or something along those lines grabbed ahold of me that it might only take me and what’s immediately touching my body. So, having holes in my socks guarantees that my boots come along with me. If I felt the beam or spell in time I would thrust my hands in my pockets to hold my knife and whatever else. Money would not be a priority.
I tried not to think that time travel socks might only bring my insoles. I also ignore the actuality that I already was in another world called denial.

No comments:

Post a Comment