Monday, June 28, 2010

in sickness...

Prajna is ill today and has been for a few days already. I get frustrated when she’s sick because I get sick so rarely. I had perfect attendance my second grade year then 6th through 9th grade I missed no days. I think I must have a strong immune system. The most I ever got sick was when I was a pack-a-day smoker from 1987 to 1992. I had recurring tonsillitis when I was 18. Over the years I’ve had my tummy bugs and flu bugs and other ailments. I usually have less severe symptoms.
My kids seem to have inherited my iron constitution. Even Naomi would bounce back quicker than expected when she had no white blood cells. But Prajna tends to pick up bugs probably as much as most people. So I try to have sympathy for her but end up getting frustrated because, hey, I would be better by now.
When I go come down with something I act like a big baby anyway. But for the most part my poor diet and lack of exercise tend to give me mood swings rather than headaches. It seems we all have to pay for it somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment