Wednesday, November 2, 2011

NaNoWriMo day zero

NaNoWriMo Day 2
Day 2. The second day. Got up at four in the morning with determination that I usually don’t have for anything. Ideas and excitement and the desire to persevere. I fire up my little laptop and the cat jumps up and I wait for it to boot.
And the laptop doesn’t boot.
The laptop is broken and won’t boot.
So I went back to bed and dreamed about my laptop.
The novel is off. I don’t care that there are other computers in the house. Anyone who writes will understand the mojo. Anyone who doesn’t. Just don’t talk to me.
I’m a little dissapointed. I’ve had this laptop for about 5 years. I know that’s a long time. There never would have been a good time for it to quit on me. But if there was a worst time it would have been this month.
I keep going over and turning it on and looking at the little IBM screen doing nothing.
Doing nothing.
Which is me now every morning

No comments:

Post a Comment