Thursday, June 30, 2011

Message in a Bottle

When I worked nights at the radio station I would talk to Prajna on the phone. Before hanging up, sometimes I would do what I called “kissing her goodnight” and cut the sound feed for just a split second. For just that quick amount of time every listener to the station would hear a hiccup of silence and then the music would go on. I thought that this was ultimately cool to be able to send a personal message this way. I know that by that late in the evening there weren’t that many listeners. The local hospital’s emergency room kept us on and probably people who liked their radio on all night. But this message wasn’t for any of them. It was just for Prajna.

I am able to track my page views for this blog. On a grand scheme of things it’s almost like a small market radio station in the middle of the night… maybe less. But I know some of my readers personally. And if I wanted to I could even send a message in a bottle to an individual here. I would say something to the effect that no matter how important my writing is to me that they are more important. But that’s no surprise. I would get up at 4 in the morning to help out a person but not to write at 6.

I would also say something that I learned from the Book of Romans. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor heavenly rulers, nor things that are present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in creation will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38. That’s the type of father I ought to be. So as you read this know that there is nothing you can and will ever do that will make me stop loving you.

You are entering a scary time in your life filled with decisions. But even though I don’t have a plan for you, He does. And one more thing, we both believe in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment